We at EQ2 hope that you are staying safe during the current crisis and want you to know how much we appreciate how hard everyone in the healthcare field is working to address this unprecedented situation.
We have a unique connection that may help your healthcare facility address some of the needs that COVID-19 has presented. Our sister company, AMT Datasouth, provides wristband printers, label printers, and software that helps with admittance and creating unique wristband and label formats and layouts. As described on page 33 of the recently released TechNation Magazine COVID-19 Digital Supplement, all of these products can help meet the needs associated with additional areas, locations, equipment, and even new designations for patients as they are being tested for the virus.
Their products have been used in well over 500 hospitals, including many Army Medical Department (AMEDD) locations and on the hospital ships USNS Comfort and USNS Mercy.
They have provided a summary below. Please contact 800-215-9192 or reply to this message if your hospital has interest in any of these products and solutions or have questions. There are also product details available at www.amtdatasouth.com.
Increased Number of Admittance/Intake Stations and New Testing Sites
As new areas are set up both within existing healthcare facilities and in new locations, more stations to print wristbands and labels are needed. We have several wristband and label printers available including:
The firmware in our printers accepts existing data streams without the need for the hospital IT staff to have to make a bunch of changes:
- Popular emulations like Zebra are included
- Our own proprietary firmware known as PAL® accepts any data stream to print the desired output
- Our support team quickly sets up formatting specific to each healthcare location’s specific needs and can make changes to formats and layouts in the future as they arise (all of this can be done remotely)
- Asset tags for the many ventilators and other machines, devices, and equipment brought in to address COVID-19 are easily done with our printers. They can even be paired with HEMS to make the process seamless and print durable thermal transfer asset and PM inspection labels that last
Easily Identify Status of Patients and Create New Layouts of Wristbands and Labels (Including Asset Tags) On-Demand
If special layouts or formats are needed that make a patient’s current testing status for COVID-19 obvious (positive, negative, tested but no results back, isolation, etc.) or for equipment (on loan status, PPE with expiration, etc.) then our PAL® firmware provides an ideal solution. It enables our support team to create these new layouts as described above.
Or the hospital user can use our AMT Process 24/7 software to quickly and easily create new formats and layouts for wristbands and labels on their own whenever they need to.
More of a Need to Work Offline
If new offsite locations lack network capabilities or the same level of security that a hospital network provides, then AMT Process 24/7 is an ideal choice that alleviates those concerns as a non-network connected software product:
- Admit patients and save the data on a desktop, laptop, or tablet
- Patient admittance data can be easily uploaded into the hospital’s system later
- Print labels and wristbands for asset tags, patients, testing centers, the lab, pharmacy, etc. utilizing either our printers or Zebra and Zebra compatible printers
- Create wristband and label formats and layouts and modify them as needed using the virtual form designer