For Biomed/Clinical Engineering this includes:
- Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System (UMDNS)
- AHA’s Estimated Useful Life n PM Procedure
- Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) n Unique Device Identification (UDI)
- Medical Equipment Management Program (MEMP)
For Facilities it is the standard:
- ASHE type list
- AHA’s Estimated Useful Life
- PM Procedure
- EOC rounds procedure
The challenges of maintaining inventory become more complicated as an organization grows. Standardizing inventory inputs can be very valuable — which becomes immediately clear the first time someone spends a few hours figuring out if inventory line items “Air Handler”, “AHU” and “Air Handler Room 5” are all the same type of equipment
This non-productive task, along with the assessment of risk and scheduling preventative maintenance can become even more convoluted when attempting to manage multiple facilities. Fortunately, EQ2 Best Practices can avoid trouble by integrating inventory details with maintenance information. As an added benefit, risk value is checked to determine the minimum interval for Preventative Maintenance scheduling.
- Maintain consistent and thorough equipment inventory records, including maintenance and risk
- Establish and Standardize Best Practice principles for your organization’s entire inventory
- Simplify Protocols and Ensure that all facilities are using established BP procedures
- Anticipate required compliance and preventative maintenance schedules
- Access your inventory library from anywhere, for easy transfers and maintenance scheduling
How It Works
With EQ2 Best Practice, compliance is assured. Using industry standard questions and values, each equipment type or model is provided with a risk value. With your subscription to our Best Practice Service Area, EQ2 Best Practice will:
- Standardize inventory inputs for quick and easy growth
- Review and track new additions by equipment type, manufacturers, and any other details you elect
- Ensure required fields are entered before equipment is approved for inclusion in the hospital’s active inventory
- Standardize equipment inventory and their relationship to risk.
Best Practice Automates Maintenance
You will no longer need to guess or search through paperwork or vendor’s websites because EQ2 Best Practice sets up your schedule automatically, identifies and assigns each procedure, and to what minimum interval should be assigned. Furthermore, the Best Practices system automatically notifies you of upcoming maintenance so that you are always “in the know.”
EQLibrary gives you access anytime, anywhere.
Get EQ2 Best Practice and achieve an EQLibrary (equipment electronic library) for equipment model and type based on information (circuit drawings, technical manuals, training videos) entered only once in Best Practice. Your hospitals will have access to the EQLibrary anywhere—anytime.