Born in a hospital in 1983, we’re no rookie. Our latest version of HEMS software captures that experience plus the nimbleness needed to meet evolving maintenance challenges.
The Ultramodern HEMS® Exceeds Typical CMMS Limitations and Can Help Transform A Hospital Team’s Ability To Improve Everything They Touch!
- First of its Kind Call Center/Dispatch Board with automatic multi-level escalation based on time elapsed, location, problem, shift, etc.
- Compliance and AEM guided directly by regulatory standards
- Easy Visibility into Recalls and Network Security Risks
- The power of analytics in the user’s hands
- Advanced filtering and display of information on demand – empowering the user to prioritize and get right to work
- On-demand PM creation
- Bulk work order creation with two clicks
- Mobile app allows the user to access the power of HEMS even when disconnected
- Link by location to Environmental Zones
- Transparency of Service Areas – detailed information from any service area on one screen based on access rights
- Numerous Integrations with leading applications and platforms including ECRI, oneSOURCE, Peoplesoft, Lawson, ServiceNow, Glassbeam, RTLS systems and Electrical Safety Analyzers (ESA’s) like Fluke, Datrend, Rigel, and others.
An Advanced CMMS for Biomed/Clinical Engineering, Imaging, and Facilities/Support Services
Whether it’s managing the latest regulatory compliance requirement, effectively executing an AEM program, or more effectively managing cost of service for equipment, hospitals rely on the HEMS CMMS to efficiently administer their maintenance and related activities.
HEMS is customizable and modular so that any department can initially deploy the software and later others can come on later. HEMS features are priced modularly and to scale, so a configuration can be made to match a hospital’s needs and budget, regardless of size.
HEMS helps hospitals stay in compliance through advanced tracking and reporting features that address requirements of the Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies.
AEM: Fully Automated Alternative Equipment Maintenance Dashboard
EOC: Environment of Care requirements tracking and reporting
ECRI: Alerts and Recalls Module
Reports: Hundreds of reports are available “off the shelf” and a custom report tool is available
Dashboards: formats are unique for each of Leadership, Clinical Staff, and Technicians with relevant, actionable information
Easy to Use
HEMS has been praised by Leadership, Clinicians, and Technicians for its ease of use. Due to intuitive interfaces and advanced automation, work can be completed and reports built with a few clicks.
One of many other ways that using HEMS makes the process easier for users is with “Single Sign On” through options like ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services).
With ADFS, users do not need to login separately to HEMS or its many modules and dashboards when already logged into other programs and applications from the hospital. Once a user is in – they’re in.
The power of mobility means that laptops, smartphones, and tablets can all be used to manage work requests from anywhere in the hospital, regardless of the platform: iOS (Apple), Android, and Windows.
Asset Management and a Smoothly Run Hospital
Standardization: enterprise wide standardized corporate policies and procedures are always accessible
Call Escalation: work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance are automatically prioritized based on urgency
Dashboards: Capital Equipment Forecasting and Replacement Analysis and Cost of Service Ratio
Stock Management: consistent stock levels are maintained through a comprehensive module
Contract Management: analysis for ROI of device contracts
Flexible and Integrated
Server Options: in-house server or cloud/SaaS are both available
Integrations / Interfaces: numerous integrations with leading applications and platforms including ECRI, oneSOURCE, Peoplesoft, Lawson, ServiceNow, Glassbeam, RTLS systems and Electrical Safety Analyzers (ESA’s) like Fluke, Datrend, Rigel, and others.
Connected Hardware and Device Info: network diagrams, switches, routers, and ePHI (electronic protected health information)
Here are just a few of the steps that we take to ensure security:
• We test our infrastructure regularly for vulnerabilities
• Our cloud environment provides a very secure infrastructure that includes security provided by Microsoft Azure
• Data is Encrypted
• Our products and their environments undergo regular security testing, including by acclaimed third party testing organizations and have always successfully passed all tests conducted
Support and Additional Services
A robust technology product can be challenging to use in an effective way unless you have intuitive interfaces and strong customer support. Additional services can truly make the difference between a good hospital maintenance management program vs. an excellent one.
Support: web-based, phone, and onsite training and support
Implementation Services: inspection programs, physical surveys, and conversion of existing inventory and PM procedures/schedules
Device and Equipment Labeling: asset tags with control numbers and PM inspection tags can be printed on demand
Specific Service Areas
Learn more about modules, reports, dashboards, and other capabilities specifically designed for a few of the many service areas that HEMS supports: