Both leadership and technicians need to be able to access data from their CMMS anytime – and anywhere. And clinicians need easy ways to generate work requests.
Leadership needs to be able to run reports and view dashboards with all of the KPI’s and other details they want to view even when they are not at their desk. And technicians need to be able to take all of the details of a work order with him or her, not have to print out the information at their desk to take with them.
EQ2 understands this so we have developed and continue to update mobile products that help any user get what they need: the HEMS Request Mobile App, the HEMS Remote Mobile App and Web Enterprise – all mean ultimate flexibility and productivity.
Our mobile products have many features for managing and processing work orders, documentation, and parts ordering. They can also can be used on Apple (iOS) or Android phones and tablets.
The New “HEMS Request Mobile App”
A new mobile app (iOS or Android) enables users to submit work requests throughout the hospital. Nurses and others will find this to be
very easy to use:
- Clinicians, nurses, or any other user in the hospital can submit work requests directly to the EQ2 HEMS Enterprise platform using this app on their phone
- Barcode scanner on phone scans the control number of the affected item
- Photographs can be attached to the request
- Work request status updates and completions are automatically sent to the requester and department head
- On closing a work order a quality survey is sent via e-mail to requesters
HEMS REMOTE OR WEB ENTERPRISE – WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE?
Depending on a particular hospital system’s needs, one or both of Web Enterprise and HEMS Remote may be desired. Each one has certain features unique to it.
The HEMS next generation mobile app has automated numerous backend application processes to make the user interface very easy to use and intuitive.
While there is a lot of information accessible on each screen, it is still concise – summarized with several areas and symbols clickable to drill down and uncover more data and information.
This means that HEMS users performing maintenance or repairs have everything they need in their mobile devices, regardless of which part of the hospital or which location within their hospital system they are in. The app can even be used in offline mode and it will sync up to the live database later once online again.
Each individual user can see at any time where they stand with work orders assigned, accepted, and completed through an interactive dashboard with a configurable view.
Automatic call escalation ensures that urgent requests are addressed as soon as possible per the hospital corporate policy. Once work orders are assigned/accepted, color-coding helps the user to instantly know which work orders are of the highest priority. Requesters get notifications of updates including completion.
Mobile device features of speech to text, barcode scanning, and photo-taking can be used to verbally add descriptions of work performed, access work orders for specific pieces of equipment, and to take photos of equipment to add to work orders. Parts can be ordered too…you get the idea – the HEMS mobile app has everything users need to make completing work easier, right at the point of service.
The app is available for iOS (Apple), Android, and Windows phones and tablets.
Summary of features:
- Ability to work offline to access work order details and sync the user’s updates later when connected again (also can work while online)
- Intuitive and wizard-driven makes it easy to use to complete work in the field – making the whole process faster
- Interactive dashboard
- Customizable view
- Barcode scanning
- Speech to text
- Timer to record time worked on the work order
- Signatures can be captured right in the app
- Instantaneous work order updates that auto-publish to the server
- In addition to tablets and phones can also be accessed on a laptop or desktop
- Interfaces with purchasing systems like Lawson and PeopleSoft
- RTLS information to track devices
- Robust reporting with the data most needed by leadership and technicians
- The topology of networked devices with diagrams for switches and routers, and automatic detection of IP and MAC addresses from connected medical devices