HEMS helps hospitals stay in compliance through advanced tracking and reporting features that address requirements of the Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies.
Unlike other CMMS systems, HEMS dashboards and reports are focused on performance metrics (such as KPI’s) most important to hospitals so customization is not required.
Watch our 70 second “EQ2 HEMS Overview video” on our videos page to learn a little bit about our amazing HEMS dashboards designed to give each role in the hospital the specific information they need and in the right format. Then read on for more details….
Performance and Benchmarking Analyzer
“How can we improve, if we don’t measure?”
Once a hospital identifies the KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) that are most important to it, they can be measured in units of time, quality, productivity, and cost. It can then either pick industry available benchmarks or set goal benchmarks for improvement. Once the benchmarks are established and the KPI’s can be quantified, continuous improvement measurement becomes the norm.
The HEMS PBA (Performance and Benchmarking Analyzer) provides the tools for tracking both component and system KPI’s over time. The data is automatically analyzed and presented to show improvement – or slippage – over time. Using these tools, actions can be focused on those areas and activities that add value, reduce costs and improve the quality of care. As these trends continue, the value-add from Biomed, Imaging, Facilities, Support Services, etc. can be seen by the entire organization; and it’s likely this will raise patient satisfaction scores as well.
Features of the HEMS PBA
- Trends and current status are identified with color-coding, providing quick and easy visibility
- Strengths as well as deficiencies are quantified
- Comparisons can be made monthly, quarterly or over multiple years as history is accrued
- Performance comparisons can be set up by models, types, locations, and service areas
- Off the shelf dashboards are provided plus tools to create and save new ones on-demand
- Drag and drop report/dashboard design makes it easy to get key information organized in the formats you prefer
Sample Items of Analysis and Comparison
- COSR (Cost of Service Ratio)
- Percentage of closed work orders
- PM compliance
- Recalls opened and closed
- Failure rate
- Downtime vs. Uptime
- Workload analysis
- Resource Planning
- Part consumption by model and by manufacturer
- Compliance reporting
Want to learn more about benchmarking best practices? Check out EQ2 Product Manager Rich Sable’s column in 24×7 Magazine describing how benchmarking in healthcare if done right can lead to numerous benefits for individual departments, individual locations of a health system, and the health system as a whole.
New for 2018! Department Dashboard
HEMS dashboards enable users to get the information they need, in the order they need it, and in the right format based on their role. The new Department Dashboard is for specific hospital areas such as surgery, nursing, ICU, etc. to get a summary of real-time statuses for the key performance items most important to them.
This includes information for devices, availability, maintenance, capital planning, and budgeting…..to name a few. Summary items are clickable to drill down and get to specific details, resulting in true actionable information.
Is Your Facility Prepared for the Latest Regulatory Compliance Requirements?
EQ2’s HEMS® CMMS helps hospitals stay in compliance through advanced tracking and reporting features that address the Environment of Care, Fire Protection, and Critical Utilities (both Life Support and Infection Control) and their respective Elements of Performance as set by the Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies.
With HEMS Dashboards Facilities Management can:
- Document and demonstrate compliance through automation, making processes and reporting easier and more effective
- Track in real-time the status for specific Elements of Performance
- Manage Equipment Lifecycle
AEM (Alternative Equipment Maintenance)
A fully automated dashboard based on the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services and The Joint Commission standards distinguishes between which devices need to be maintained and scheduled according to manufacturer recommendations and those that can be on an AEM program.
EOC & ECRI
Environment of Care reports and ECRI Institute alerts and recalls are all covered through HEMS modules dedicated to helping a hospital meet the highest level of requirements in their respective areas.
There are dashboards designed specifically for each department’s managers and technicians, clinician staff, directors, VP’s, and CFO. Dashboards are provided in different formats, for each role. Relevant, actionable information is specialized for each department and is automatically continuously updated. For example, financial dashboards provide CFO’s real-time data for capital equipment planning, contract management and contracts ROI.
Query Writer & the Custom Report Wizard
Even though hundreds of reports are available “off the shelf” with HEMS, sometimes a unique situation requires a unique report. The Custom Report Tool allows the user to choose what type of data is needed so that they can build their own report.
Harnessing the power of information: sample dashboards to analyze data for critical KPIs such as Cost of Service Ratio, Failure Rate, Downtime, Resource Planning, Compliance Report as well as the ability to create new dashboards on-demand.
How It Works
EQ2 Management Dashboards provide Web-based dashboards to instantly provide information based on criteria relevant to the user. EQ2 has identified and provides several viewpoints. Some of these specializations and their relevant screens are detailed below:
Our interdepartmental communication software solution will enhance the ability of your whole team to deliver real results, without clutter. Each technician, manager, director, and VP/C-Suite requires relevant information in a different format, order, filter, or summary.
While a VP/C-Suite may want to see the workload of the hospital’s technicians, the individual technician needs only to view his/her own workload. Time spent extracting data into useful information may leave no time to analyze and act on the information. Our dashboard solution alleviates any confusion about who is responsible for what task and can enhance interdepartmental cooperation.
EQ2 Technician Dashboard
- Add new equipment items
- Open and close work orders
- View timecard report
- Lookup equipment histories
- View all and today’s pending work
- Lookup parts
- View PM procedures and device manuals
- AND MORE!
EQ2 Management Dashboard
- PM completion rate for this month/year
- Work order completion rate by work order type, department, and location
- PM loading for month and year
- Equipment items that fail more often than others or against their history
- Equipment items that are candidates for replacement
- AND MUCH MORE!
- The cost to provide the services by square foot or beds per hospital, or as a percentage of the equipment asset value
- PM completion rate by hospital for PM
- PM load by month/year/hospital
- Hospitals not meeting required PM close rates
- Equipment items that are candidates for replacement based on service cost as a percentage of value
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Quick Graphical and Summary Information
With one-click, drilling deeper into the graph or summary is easy. No setting clumsy filters or having to look through page after page of work orders – just point and click, and the information required to get the job done is immediately delivered.