Born in a hospital in 1983, we’re no rookie. Our latest version of HEMS software captures that experience plus the nimbleness needed to meet evolving maintenance challenges.
Next Generation HEMS Products
AutoDesk App: Access your AutoCAD® or other floorplan drawing files within HEMS
- This allows a tech to locate an asset controlled by its facility or infrastructure engineering department.
- Calculate square feet, inches, meters, etc. easily
- Other drawing files types can be stored as well
HEMS One Streamlines Workflow
- Provides an enhanced user experience
- Significantly reduces the IT resource time needed during implementation
- Fast processing times
- Dashboard view gives the user important metrics for both work orders and inventory along with hyper-links to drill-down on the data
- Convenient quick links to hundreds of frequently used reports included plus EQ2 can provide custom reports plus you can create your own
- More than one person or trade can update the same work order
- Nested PMs allow for grouping together of all tasks that need to be completed on a given day while maintaining the schedule of all tasks for the asset going forward
- Advanced search using just a few letters with auto-complete suggestions; search and replace with impact preview
- Use HEMS either as a cloud (SaaS) version hosted on Microsoft Azure or as a perpetual license hosted on the hospital’s own servers
- Stay in compliance through advanced tracking and reporting features addressing the respective Elements of Performance as set by the Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies for the Environment of Care, Life Safety, Fire Protection, and Critical Utilities (both Life Support and Infection Control). See more below.
- Well organized implementations delivered on time
- Numerous integrations, including with the top cybersecurity applications
- US based support
- 30 years of innovation focused completely on healthcare
- An optional add-on to HEMS One, this has many features often requested by clients.
- The manager can create the project and associated task work orders within the module and assign each task work order to a worker or team of workers, and the work order(s) will appear on their work order dashboard.
- Labor and parts costs can be tracked for each project.
The Ultramodern HEMS® Exceeds Typical CMMS Limitations and Can Help Transform A Hospital Team’s Ability To Improve Everything They Touch!
- First of its Kind Call Center/Dispatch Board with automatic multi-level escalation based on time elapsed, location, problem, shift, etc.
- Compliance and AEM guided directly by regulatory standards
- Easy Visibility into Recalls and Network Security Risks
- The power of analytics in the user’s hands
- Advanced filtering and display of information on demand – empowering the user to prioritize and get right to work
- On-demand PM creation
- Bulk work order creation with two clicks
- Mobile app allows the user to access the power of HEMS even when disconnected
- Link by location to Environmental Zones
- Transparency of Service Areas – detailed information from any service area on one screen based on access rights
- Numerous Integrations with leading applications and platforms including ECRI, oneSOURCE, Peoplesoft, Lawson, ServiceNow, Glassbeam, Ordr, Medigate, Asimily, RTLS systems and Electrical Safety Analyzers (ESA’s) like Fluke, Datrend, Rigel, and others.
Interfaces and Integrations
HEMS has numerous interfaces integrations with leading applications and platforms including Autodesk, CAFM applications, ECRI, oneSOURCE, Peoplesoft, Lawson, ServiceNow, Glassbeam, RTLS systems, Ordr, Medigate, Asimily, and Electrical Safety Analyzers (ESA’s) like Fluke, Datrend, Rigel, and others. See more on our integrations and interfaces page.
An Advanced CMMS for Biomed/Clinical Engineering, Imaging, and Facilities/Support Services
Whether it’s managing the latest regulatory compliance requirement, effectively executing an AEM program, or more effectively managing cost of service for equipment, hospitals rely on the HEMS CMMS to efficiently administer their maintenance and related activities.
HEMS is customizable and modular so that any department can initially deploy the software and later others can come on later. HEMS features are priced modularly and to scale, so a configuration can be made to match a hospital’s needs and budget, regardless of size.
HEMS helps hospitals stay in compliance through advanced tracking and reporting features addressing the respective Elements of Performance as set by the Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies for the Environment of Care, Life Safety, Fire Protection, and Critical Utilities (both Life Support and Infection Control).
- Real-time dashboards are continuously updated in the desktop, laptop, and mobile versions of all products time dashboards are continuously updated in the desktop, laptop, and mobile versions of all products
- Manage environmental zones, smoke/fire compartments, fire alarms, utilities, ventilation, etc.
- AEM: Fully Automated Alternative Equipment Maintenance Dashboard
- EOC: Environment of Care requirements tracking and reporting
- ECRI: Alerts and Recalls Module
- Reports: Hundreds of reports are available “off the shelf” and a custom report tool is available
- Dashboards: formats are unique for each of Leadership, Clinical Staff, and Technicians with relevant, actionable information
- Elements of Performance: track status in real-time
Support and Additional Services
A robust technology product can be challenging to use in an effective way unless you have intuitive interfaces and strong customer support. Additional services can truly make the difference between a good hospital maintenance management program vs. an excellent one.
Support: US – based, web, phone, and onsite training and support
Implementation Services: inspection programs, physical surveys, and conversion of existing inventory and PM procedures/schedules
Device and Equipment Labeling: asset tags with control numbers and PM inspection tags can be printed on demand
Key and Lock Management: track, and locate locks and keys (or access cards) within facilities easily through an intuitive interface by assigning them to specific employees with assigned due dates.
Easy to Use
HEMS has been praised by Leadership, Clinicians, and Technicians for its ease of use. Due to intuitive interfaces and advanced automation, work can be completed and reports built with a few clicks.
One of many other ways that using HEMS makes the process easier for users is with “Single Sign On” through options like ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services).
With ADFS, users do not need to login separately to HEMS or its many modules and dashboards when already logged into other programs and applications from the hospital. Once a user is in – they’re in.
The power of mobility means that laptops, smartphones, and tablets can all be used to manage work requests from anywhere in the hospital, regardless of the platform: iOS (Apple), Android, and Windows.
Asset Management and a Smoothly Run Hospital
Standardization: enterprise wide standardized corporate policies and procedures are always accessible
Call Escalation: work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance are automatically prioritized based on urgency
Dashboards: Capital Equipment Forecasting and Replacement Analysis and Cost of Service Ratio
Stock Management: consistent stock levels are maintained through a comprehensive module
Contract Management: analysis for ROI of device contracts
Flexible and Integrated
Server Options: in-house server or cloud/SaaS are both available
Integrations / Interfaces: numerous integrations with leading applications and platforms including ECRI, oneSOURCE, Peoplesoft, Lawson, ServiceNow, Glassbeam, RTLS systems and Electrical Safety Analyzers (ESA’s) like Fluke, Datrend, Rigel, and others.
Connected Hardware and Device Info: network diagrams, switches, routers, and ePHI (electronic protected health information)
Here are just a few of the steps that we take to ensure security:
• We test our infrastructure regularly for vulnerabilities
• Our cloud environment provides a very secure infrastructure that includes security provided by Microsoft Azure
• Data is Encrypted
• Our products and their environments undergo regular security testing, including by acclaimed third party testing organizations and have always successfully passed all tests conducted
HEMS can be used for a Hospital’s “Support Services”, in countless ways….
FACILITY STRUCTURE: all up to-date drawings and plans available for change reviews and project planning
PLANT AND EQUIPMENT: descriptive capital equipment records kept current for updates, maintenance, failure and repair history, open work orders and replacement planning metrics
EOC ROUNDS: plan, schedule and record for all environment of care activities
COMPLIANCE FOR RISK MANAGEMENT, CODE, HAZARDOUS WASTE HANDLING AND DISPOSAL
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: manage your projects, resources, timelines, and estimated hours vs. actual hours
CALL ESCALATION: powerful escalation engine that can be configured per your policies; for example to automatically escalate incomplete or overdue work orders and open requests for service
SECURITY: manage visitor and contract worker visits to track who, when, how long and where
MOVE MANAGEMENT: schedule, track, and keep records of transport activities for patients and specimens
FOOD SERVICE: receive, prepare, schedule and track patient food service requests
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES: track inventory, schedule deliveries, and maintain database of usage for linens and towels
INTEGRATION WITH OTHER SOFTWARE PACKAGES
Wherever you have work activity to manage, metrics to collect for customer service, workload and personnel management, HEMS helps you do so with comprehensive solutions.
For example, EQ2 Facilities solutions are designed to help ensure a safe facility for you, your staff and your clients. This process starts with the most urgent compliance needs and ends with clearly defined workflows for each of your departments. Our facility compliance solutions are designed to systematically assist you with:
- fire and life safety management
- utility management
- workload management
- regulatory management (EOC)
- project management
How Our CMMS Facilities Software Works
We take a proven step by step approach to maximize regulatory compliance & process efficiency. Together we will ensure the safety of your customers (internal & external) while maximizing the efficacy of your internal workflow. Here is an outline of what we do:
Step 1: Establish safe and effective fire & evacuation procedures.
In the healthcare industry, safety procedures are especially important since many evacuees may be fragile, sick or injured. Accordingly, there is a great deal of regulatory oversight that comes into play.
HEMS® Smoke and Fire Compartment Inspection Program (SFC) creates a resource that is visual, consistent, automated and clearly documented. We help you maximize patient and staff safety, while demonstrating that all critical fire safety equipment is maintained according to inspection standards.
We pass this information along to regulators and senior management, so they know that your safety procedures are present, when it really matters. Once your facility is in compliance, you can quickly and accurately document preventative maintenance of these systems using a tablet or a smart phone.
Step 2: Eliminate Avoidable Hazards
Our Environment of Care (EOC) Inspection Tour systematically locates hazards so you can act quickly toward the aim of facility compliance.
We divide your facility into intuitive “areas” and develop a visual resource that details inspection schedules, processes and outcomes. Your staff may use this visual reference along with standard, approved procedures to ensure each area is inspected correctly, as needed.
Your HEMS EOC system will maintain inspection results, documentation, and steps taken to meet compliance standards. Thereafter, EOC will automate inspection tours and preventative maintenance based on your state & local regulatory requirements.
Step 3: Ensure Regulatory Procedural Compliance
EQ2’s HEMS® Enterprise Remedial Services will ensure that all regulatory obligations are satisfied.
When you choose HEMS for Facilities we start with a survey of your entire facility and equipment. If you already have HEMS installed we will review the completeness of your operational data and make recommendations to simplify your regulatory requirements.
Once you join the HEMS family, be prepared for timely notifications from our team as data from regulatory agencies changes. Our powerful facilities management engine sends & documents changes, so you can adapt quickly and effortlessly.
Step 4: Evaluate, Measure and Manage Departmental Workload
At this point we tackle the remaining automation needs of your equipment and departments. Improve productivity, quality (QA) and schedules of your staff while tracking and documenting all assignments with (CMMS) Computerized Maintenance Management System. This final module includes Environmental Zones Inspection, Deferred Maintenance(DM), Project Management, Equipment Life Cycles, Equipment Replacement Planning, Preventative Maintenance (PM), Corrective Maintenance (CM), Deferred Maintenance (DM) and Project Work (PW).
With all of the groundwork of the first steps, we are finally approaching a point where we can dial it down to the employees that make your facility work. Our estimated time function will help you create realistic schedules for your people based on these final touches. This will allow you to delegate work to the appropriate manager or team member.
Step 5: Establish & Streamline Information Handling (paperwork)
Now that everything is in compliance and appropriately delegated, we will work with you to customize the integration of any of these tools so you can be as paperless as possible. Using our add-on components, we will create performance reports that offer real insights, and cut out endless reams of unnecessary paperwork. EQ2 Enterprise add on components include:
WEB Request: This graphical interface enables floor staff throughout your organization to enter work requests, view their status and electronically receive status change notifications and submit quality surveys – including powerful auto assignment engine.
Call Center: This interface is not for everyone, but it may be an option if you would like to manage your requests through a Call Center. Details are specific to your organization so ask one of our knowledgable representatives if this is right for you.
WEB Enterprise allows engineering staff to access, open, close and edit their assigned work orders, as well as other features of the program from anywhere using laptop, desktop or tablets with iOS (Apple), Android or Windows OS.
HEMS Remote: a next generation mobile app that has automated numerous backend application processes to make the user interface very easy to use and intuitive. For iOS (Apple), Android or Windows mobile devices.